With summer comes BBQ season! Whether you’re cooking for a crowd or just want to enhance your backyard space, a charcoal grill is a must-have. From classic barrel grills to portable kettles, there’s something for everyone. And with features like built-in temperature gauges and adjustable air vents, you’ll be able to get the perfect sear on your steak every time.
They can be used to cook almost anything, from steaks and chicken to veggies and seafood. Charcoal grills are also known for their durability, and they’re not just for camping. They’re also ideal for families who enjoy spending quality time together outside on the patio, around a campfire, or grill-out. Best charcoal grills under $300 are exceptionally budget-friendly.
- What’s Special in Charcoal Grills?
- Reviews of Top 10 Best Charcoal Grills Under $300:
- Royal Gourmet CD2030AN
- Weber 14501001 Master-Touch
- Weber 15301001 Performer Charcoal Grill
- Royal Gourmet CC2036F Charcoal Barrel Grill
- Char-Griller 2137 Outlaw Charcoal Grill
- Weber 14402001 Original Kettle
- Dyna-Glo DGN576SNC-D Dual Zone
- Dual Fuel Combination Charcoal
- Royal Gourmet GA4400T
- Dyna-Glo DGN486DNC-D Heavy Duty
- Large Cooking Area:
- Efficient Ventilation:
- Temperature Control:
- Easy to Start:
- Additional Features:
- Bottom Line:
- Frequently Asked Questions:
Our Top 3 Picks:
What’s Special in Charcoal Grills?
There are a few things given below that make charcoal grills special.
- Versatility: Charcoal grills can be used in different ways to cook. You can use it as a smoker, a grill, or even a baking oven.
- Affordability: They are much more affordable than gas grills. You can get a quality charcoal grill for under $300.
- Portability: These are much more portable than gas grills, making them ideal for camping and tailgating.
- Environmental Friendliness: Charcoal BBQ grills are more environmentally friendly than other grills.
- No Smell: Charcoal grills tend to give off next to no smell when in use, making them much more comfortable than other grills.
- Ease of Use: They typically offer a very easy cooking process from setting up to presenting the final product. This makes them an excellent option for those new to backyard grilling.
Now it’s time to enjoy these benefits practically after getting the best and the convenient charcoal barbecue grill in the market. We have come up with some reliable options, so have a look below!
Reviews Of Top 10 Best Charcoal Grills Under $300:
There are several different types of charcoal grills available, and it might be difficult to choose which one is best for you. As a result, we’ve compiled a list of the top 10 best charcoal grills under $300 that we tested and evaluated to help you make an informed decision.
Reviews of Top 10 Best Charcoal Grills Under $300:
The Royal Gourmet CD2030AN is a high-quality charcoal grill perfect for larger events. You will get a total of 764 square inches of grilling space to accommodate heavy parties. The height-adjustable charcoal pan makes it easy to adjust the temperature of your grill.
The front door makes tending to the grill’s charcoal an easy task, and the slide-open side damper allows you to fine-tune your temperature without opening the lid and letting out heat. The lid-mounted temperature gauge makes it easy to keep track of your grill’s progress. This is great for anyone looking to cook up a large feast with all of these features.
- The spacious cooking surface of 511 sq. in. porcelain-coated steel wire cooking grates.
- 253 sq. in. chrome-plated steel wire warming rack.
- Easily adjustable charcoal pan and front charcoal door access.
The Royal Gourmet charcoal grill is large enough for at least 15 people. With maximum insulated heat and minimum heat loss, you can cook meals in less time. The adjustable height charcoal pan makes fine-tuning easy. Now you can become a seasoned backyard chef with this beauty.
- Spacious cooking surface.
- Shelves and hooks for storage.
- Convenient heat management.
- Temperature Gauge.
- BLT app for assembly.
- It takes time to get hot properly.
The Weber 14501001 Master-Touch Charcoal Grill is an excellent option if you’re looking for an affordable and the best charcoal grill. This grill has a cooking area of 443 square inches.
The grill also features a hinged cooking grate, making it easy to add more charcoal while you’re cooking, and a built-in lid thermometer to help you keep track of the grill’s internal temperature.
Additionally, the grill has tool hooks for hanging grilling tools, such as a spatula and tongs, and a slide-out lid holder to make it easy to store the grill when you’re not using it.
- Holds up to 13 burgers made with a Weber burger press.
- Hinged cooking grate (easily store charcoal while grilling).
The Weber 14501001 Master-Touch Charcoal Grill is an excellent choice for grilling enthusiasts who want the best of both worlds: durability and convenience. This grill is built to last, the bowl retain heat perfectly, and porcelain-enameled cooking grates and rust-resistant cast iron components make it of high quality.
- Efficient charcoal placement.
- Convenient lid.
- Great heat retention.
- Rust resistant.
- Cook food evenly.
- Requires assembly.
- No hooks and shelves.
If you’re looking for a powerful and convenient charcoal grill, the Weber 15301001 Performer Charcoal Grill is a great option. This grill comes with various features that make it easy to use. The Tuck-Away lid holder keeps the lid securely in place while cooking, and it’s compatible with GBS accessories.
It also comes with tool hooks to hang your grilling tools. The One-Touch cleaning system keeps the grill cleaning simple, and a built-in lid thermometer lets you take the temperature inside your grill for maximum cooking control.
- The grill has a primary cooking area of 363 sq. inches and can hold up to 13 burgers.
- The cooking grate is compatible with GBS inserts, and its no flare-ups hinged lid for easily adding charcoal while grilling meat.
The Weber Performer Charcoal Grill is the perfect choice for anyone looking for a durable and reliable grill. It has a sleek design and is built with rigid materials. It has all the features you need, including an easy-to-clean surface, and plenty of room for food and utensils.
- Easy placement for grilling tools.
- Easy assembly.
- Side shelf to place equipment.
- Precise temperature control.
- The heat shield on handles.
- Made up of alloy steel, not stainless steel.
The Royal Gourmet CC2036F Charcoal Barrel Grill with Offset Smoker combo is an excellent option for large gatherings, such as family get-togethers and parties.
With 654 square inches of primary cooking space, this outdoor grill can easily cater to 8-10 people. The offset smoker provides additional space and can give you great-tasting smoked food.
The adjustable charcoal pan allows you to control the heat more efficiently, making your grilling experience more enjoyable. And lastly, cleaning the item would not be a problem anymore, so no fuss involved!
- The removable grease drip cup and charcoal pan make cleaning easy.
- There is ample space of 654 square inches of grates, 267 sq in of warming rack, and 267 square inches of cooking area in an offset smoker.
Now you can get the benefit of grilling and smoking altogether with the Royal Gourmet CC2036F Charcoal Barrel and make your party more splendid with the main menu and side dishes. The features you will get in it are definitely long-lasting.
- Air vents for heat control.
- Keep the heat inside the grill.
- Easy maintenance.
- Bottom shelve and hooks for storage.
- The grill doesn’t come assembled.
When it comes to charcoal grills, the Char-Griller 2137 Outlaw is one of the best on the market. This smoker and grill have a massive 950 square inches of cooking space, enough to fit 38 burgers at once! The cast-iron cooking grates provide even heat distribution, and the adjustable fire grate lets you control the temperature.
Cleaning up has never been easier with the removable ash catcher. The Char-Griller Outlaw is perfect for backyard barbecue, tailgating, or hunting trips!
- Char griller offers XXL cooking area – cast-iron grates.
- Easy to use and clean, dual dampers and thermometer, easy dump ash cup.
The Char-Griller 2137 Outlaw Charcoal Grill is the best charcoal grills under 300. The massive cooking space makes it perfect for feeding a big group of people, and the powder-coated steel construction is durable enough to spend years. We personally use this item and recommend it to our prestigious customers.
- Wheels make it portable.
- Warming racks keep the food warm.
- Great storage.
- Fire grates are adjustable.
- Easy dump ash pan.
- It’s a bit heavy.
- The thermometer is not always accurate.
The Weber Original Kettle Premium Charcoal Grill (14402001) is an excellent deal for the price. The Webers are quality grills built to last, and this model is no exception. This grill features durable construction with solid ash wood handles, aluminum dampers, two nylon tool holders, stay-cool side charcoal tray.
The porcelain enamel finish is rust-resistant, and it comes with a 2-year limited warranty. The ash catcher makes for easy cleanup after cooking, and the air vents provide excellent heat management.
- Weber’s kettle grill has 357 square inches of cooking space.
- Rust-resistant aluminized steel One-touch cleaning system with two tool hooks,
Weber Original kettle premium charcoal grill is great for anyone looking for a quality kettle grill at an affordable price. It has all the features you would expect in Weber grills, plus some bonuses like the ash catcher and 3D assembly instructions. Except for a few features that even does not matter, this item is suitable for beginners and professionals.
- Built-in lid thermometer.
- Rust-resistant aluminum damper.
- Durable kettle grill construction.
- Ultimate heat retention.
- Air vents for heat control.
- It may be too small for some people.
- No side shelves.
If you are looking for a stylish and functional charcoal grill, the Dyna-Glo DGN576SNC-D Dual Zone Premium Charcoal Grill is a great option. This grill has a removable steel firebox divider that allows you to expand or divide the cooking space, depending on the amount and type of food you are cooking.
Plus, the two charcoal trays adjust separately to provide flexibility with cooking temperature when different foods require different temperatures at the same time. This grill is also double-walled to minimize heat loss and improve burn efficiency.
- It has a total cooking area of 816 square inches, including the primary cooking area is 576 square inches, and the secondary cooking area is 240 square inches.
- The high-capacity ash pan is removable for quick and cleanup.
The Dyna-Glo DGN576SNC-D Dual Zone Premium best Charcoal Grill is an excellent option for those looking for a stylish and functional charcoal grill. This grill has all the features you would expect from a high-quality grill.
- Dual cooking zones.
- Double-wall insulation.
- Removable firebox divider.
- High capacity.
- It may get rusted after a few years.
Here comes the grilling season; there’s always the question of whether to use your gas or the best charcoal grill under 300. With this combination Charcoal/Gas Grill by Grand Gourmet, it doesn’t matter which you choose! This grill features three stainless steel tube burners on the gas side, giving you a total of 24,000 BTUs.
The integrated ignition makes it easy to get your grill going, and the rubber grip control knobs make it easy to adjust the heat. It also includes a painted steel control panel with stainless steel trim, making it look great on any patio or deck.
- You also get 188 sq of warming rack space (89 for grilling and 99 for gas).
- The total cooking space is 757 sq in (262 for grilling and 295 for gas).
This Dual Fuel Combination Grill by Grand Gourmet is an excellent choice for anyone who wants the best of both worlds. With the ability to switch back and forth between gas and charcoal grilling, you now have no reason for limiting yourself to one cooking method.
- Dual functioning.
- Comes pre-assembled at the factory.
- Features an ignition for all burners.
- Stylish, up-to-date design.
- The LP tank is not included.
Looking for a great backyard grill that will offer plenty of cooking space and allow you to cook multiple items at the same time? The Royal Gourmet GA4400T Stainless Steel 4-Burner BBQ Liquid Propane Gas Grill is perfect for you. This grill features a total of 640 square inches of cooking area.
The porcelain-enameled cast-iron grates and the stainless steel burners help distribute heat evenly across the grill while allowing easy movement. This product includes two side tables which provide additional workspace and prep space while also offering an easy way to move the grill.
- Four stainless steel burners generate 40,000 BTUs of cooking power.
- Grease management system included for easy cleanup.
If you are looking for a rock-solid, clean grilling experience, then this is the grill for you. It has enough cooking space to get large family gatherings done with ease and is built to last. It offers plenty of cooking area while still being easy on your wallet without compromising too much on quality either.
- Large cooking space.
- Even heat distribution.
- Temperature updates on the lid.
- Rust-resistant stainless steel.
- Wheels for easy transport.
- Some parts may be challenging to assemble.
This Dyna-Glo DGN486DNC-D Heavy-Duty Charcoal Grill is an excellent option if you’re looking for a durable and reliable grill. It features three porcelain enameled cast iron cooking grates, which retain heat for searing meat and locking in natural juices. The charcoal tray can be adjusted to customize the cooking temperature, and the smokestack has an adjustable flue for further heat control.
The high-capacity ash pan is removable for quick and easy cleanup. The grill also comes with a heavy-duty cart with side shelves, a storage basket, and 8-inch resin wheels for maneuverability.
- It has a total cooking area of 686 square inches, enough for up to 24 hamburgers at one time.
- Adjustable flue for heat control.
The Dyna-Glo DGN486DNC-D Heavy-duty Charcoal Grill under 300 is an affordable, high-quality grill that you can use to cook just about anything. Whether you’re grilling burgers, sear steaks, or vegetables, this grill has got you covered. It’s also incredibly easy to assemble and features a durable design that will last for years.
- Durable design.
- Removable high-capacity ash pan.
- Heavy-duty cart and storage basket
- It ensures portability.
- Easy to add fuel.
- Paint may peel off after years.
- Comes with no grill cover.
Buying Guide To Get The Best Charcoal Grill Under $300:
There are several things to consider if you’re considering a charcoal grill under $300. Here is a quick guide on how to buy a charcoal barbecue so you can get the one that’s ideal for your needs and budget.
Large Cooking Area:
Grilling on a small cooking surface grill can be frustrating because you have to constantly move things around to make sure they don’t burn or get undercooked. It’s nice when the grates are large enough that everything is comfortably spaced apart, and you’ll get a good sear on your food without having to flip it multiple times.
When you’re cooking on a grill, the quality of your cooked food is largely determined by how evenly it cooks. This means that efficient airflow is crucial for producing even temperatures across all the grates. If some sections are cooler than others, it’s going to be hard to get nice cross-hatched grill marks on your food, and it might not cook evenly.
A charcoal grill can get extremely hot. While that’s not a problem if you’re cooking food quickly, it can be dangerous if the coals are too hot or you have to leave your grill unattended for some reason. You need at least one safety feature that lets you control the temperature of your grill without having to move the coals around or add additional fuel sources.
Easy to Start:
If you don’t want to spend a lot of time fiddling with your grill, look for one that’s easy to get started. The charcoal grill with a chimney starter is the best because all you have to do is light the charcoal and wait for it to heat up. No more trying to get a wad of newspaper to stay lit in a small grill or using a smelly petroleum starter fluid.
Few charcoal grills come with additional features that are given below:
- A smoker box
- Stainless steel elements
- Angled lid hook
- Rotisserie attachment
If you’re someone who likes to experiment with different types of food, it’s worth checking out the features on different grills to see if there’s one that would fit your needs perfectly.
For those of you who are looking for a quality charcoal grill without spending too much, we’ve got you covered. We reviewed the top 10 greatest charcoal grills after carefully considering our own experiences. The Royal Gourmet CD2030AN is our top pick for the best charcoal grill under $300. This grill offers plenty of cooking space and features that will make your grilling experience better. If you’re in the market for a new charcoal grill, be sure to check out this model!
Frequently Asked Questions:
How Often Should I Clean My Charcoal Grill?
You should clean your charcoal grill under 300 regularly to ensure that it functions properly and doesn’t become a fire hazard. A good rule of thumb is to clean it after every use. If you don’t use your grill often, then you should at least clean it once a month.
How Do I Prepare My Charcoal Grill For Use?
There are a few things you’ll need to do in order to get your new charcoal grill ready for use. The most important thing is to season the grill. Seasoning the grill will help protect it from rust and make it more durable. Seasoning also gives the grill a nice flavor that will be imparted to whatever you’re cooking on it.
What is the Best Charcoal Grill Under $300 For Use?
The best Charcoal Grill Under $300 For Use is the Royal Gourmet CD2030AN. It has porcelain-enameled cast-iron grates that produce even heat and prevent sticking, a built-in temperature gauge for easy grilling, and a hinged lid for added safety. It also comes with a removable ash catcher for easy cleaning.