If you’ve ever had a charcoal grill, you know that eventually the bottom will fall out. It’s just a matter of time.
But don’t worry, there is an easy way to fix that hole and have your grill up and running in no time! All you need is some metal sheeting and a welder. So get to work and patch that hole up! You’ll be glad you did.
Steps To Follow to Fix the Hole:
1. Start by removing the grate from your grill and then take out any remaining charcoal. It’s important to have a clean surface to work with.
2. Next, cut a piece of metal sheeting that is slightly larger than the hole in the bottom of your grill.
3. Now it’s time to weld the new piece of metal into place. You can do this by either using a welding machine or doing it by hand. If you’re not experienced with welding, it’s best to leave this task to a professional.
4. Once the new piece of metal is in place, put the grate back on and your grill is as good as new! Be sure to fire it up and cook some food on it to make sure the hole is properly sealed.
What are Different Methods to Fix Hole in Bottom Of Charcoal Grill?
4. Patching with metal sheeting
5. Filling with epoxy resin
6. Use of high-temperature sealants
7. Use of expanding foam insulation
8. Use of a metal plate
9. Use of a grill mat
10. Use of a grill screen
Welding is the most common and effective method to fix a hole in the bottom of a charcoal grill.
Brazing, soldering, and patching with metal sheeting are also effective methods.
Filling with epoxy resin, using high-temperature sealants, or expanding foam insulation can also work but may not be as durable as other methods.
Using a metal plate, grill mat, or grill screen over the hole is also an option but will not completely fix the problem.
That’s all there is to it! Now you know how to fix a hole in the bottom of a affordable charcoal grill under 100$. Be sure to follow these steps and your grill will be good as new in no time. Thanks for reading and happy grilling!